Friday, May 30, 2008

Pattern Sales

Hancock Fabrics and Joann's were having some major pattern sales last Memorial Day weekend. =) Here are the ones that I picked up...

IMG_4641.JPGIMG_4640.JPGIMG_4639.JPG

Some of these patterns (especially the Vogue ones) are too advanced for me. But I still wanted to pick it up while it was on sale and maybe one of these days I'll be able to sew it. I have quite a pattern stash for a beginning sewer... =P

After I finish my top, I want to work on another dress, Vogue 8470. I'm a little nervous about it because it looks complicated, but the cover says it's easy... I sure hope so. I bought black cotton fabric from Joann's to test the pattern for fitting and construction... I'll work on that before I do my final piece in view A with Amy Butler/Lotus/Tree Peony-Pink fabric. I haven't decided which view to do the black dress in but I don't think I want it in the same view. I'm leaning towards view F (minus the bottom "flounce".)
So many projects, so little time. I want to wear the above dress for a wedding in about 5 weeks... I hope I can finish!! I still haven't finished my mom's socks that I was supposed to knit her for her birthday in March! (I of course bought her present in the meantime that she absolutely loved.)

No comments: