Saturday, September 5, 2009

New Look 6190 & T-shirt Makeover

I started view B of New Look 6190 a while ago, but finished them last weekend. They were part of my summer SWAP. Hahaha... summer's almost over and I'm only halfway done with my SWAP (I've already started planning for fall/winter... more on that later.) Please excuse the wrinkles in the pants... this was after it was worn to work. :)


NL6190.jpg

This is a close-up of the front band.
NL6190FrontBand.jpg

This is a view of the back... I'm not very good with darts, but these turned out pretty well I think. :)
NL6190Back.jpg

Overall, it was a good first pants project. :) They were pretty comfy to wear all day at work. The only thing I would really warn you about in this pattern is to size down! (Based on measurements I should've sewn a size 14, but even the 10 was still a little bit big!) These pants are supposed to help me get my feet wet in the world of pants. Now I need to try to Vogue 1051 that everyone seems to love! Full review here.

The shirt is a refashioned t-shirt. It is the Simple Scoop Top from T-shirt Makeovers by Sistahs of Harlem. The book has some good ideas and very sassy tops. :)

Here's a close-up for the shirt.
SimpleScoopTopII.jpg

The cozy cardi is coming along. I cutout all of the pieces, but then I had to recut one of the main pieces because I stretched it more than the other. Luckily I bought extra fabric... I'm going to try to get it done this weekend, and hopefully have some pictures up, too.

No comments: