Pattern: Simplicity 2886
Fabric: Amy Butler's Lotus Collection Lacework in brown (main) and pink cotton (contrasting) both of which were from my stash :)
- No elastic in the back bodice... used 2 darts instead to remove gaping.
- Used bodice from view C and skirt from view A.
- Used a 2" hem allowance.
- Sew the pintucks down... otherwise you'll it will look uneven and you'll have to iron it every time and it will still look like this:
- Don't wait until the end to insert straps like it says in the instructions.
- Be careful with markings and the curves.
- Pins are your friends. :) I don't normally use very many of them, but they definitely helped on this one.
I love the pleating on the skirt, which isn't too noticeable with my busy print, and the pockets on this dress! I do recommend this pattern... it makes for a great sundress.
Currently in progress:
- Kwik Sew 2689... pieces cut out and partially sewn
- Burda 02-2010-104... traced